Our Head of Finance will be a key member of our growing team. You will report directly to the Founders and have a broad scope including all matters related to finance, business strategy and operations. If you are excited by the “nuts and bolts”, a data junkie and love using data to help drive business, we should talk.
We’re a lean team so you will need to be hands-on. Candidates must have at least 7 years of experience, including working in financial and/or operations roles for apparel or consumer products companies. Undergraduate degree is a requirement, MBA and/or CPA is a plus.
The ideal candidate is...
- Experienced – s/he will be able to take on key financial functions quickly and effectively, working from a foundational understanding of consumer products (ideally apparel). While time spent in management consulting, investment banking or private equity is great - we love “athletes” - financial operating experience is key, with preference to those who have worked in both wholesale and ecommerce
- Comfortable in unstructured, multitasked environments – Willing and able to run with little direction, structure the role him/herself, and set and manage priorities effectively.
- Entrepreneurial and driven – Constantly coming up with actionable analyses so that we can look at our business thoroughly and in new ways
- Able to execute the whole stack – Expect to build, manage and execute our entire finance function, from managing working capital and payroll to working with investors
- A true team player – We have built a family here, and we expect this role to be part of that family.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Report to and work closely with Harald and Lynn on all matters related to finance, strategy and operations
- Financial projections and business modeling
- Preparation of budgets
- Management of accounting, monthly close and external bookkeeper
- Oversee payroll, AP/AR, expenses
- Inventory management, planning and forecasting; creation of management dashboards
- Tracking and optimization of key financial metrics e.g., revenue, return rates, discounts, partnership economics
- Financial presentations for our board and outside investors
- Mastery of Excel; fluency with accounting software (e.g., Quickbooks) is a plus, as is knowledge of related ERP solutions, SQL, etc.
The position will be based in our Flatiron (New York, NY) office. Compensation is commensurate with experience.