Work with us
Come work with Appaman! We are a small and growing team based in New York City's Flatiron District. Currently we’re hiring for the following roles (but always feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t see a perfect fit):
Appaman is looking for a Technical Fit & Pre-production Coordinator who is passionate, detail oriented, and highly motivated to help to grow our amazing children’s clothing brand. If that sounds like you, consider joining a remarkable team at our highly creative, entrepreneurial spirited HQ in the heart of Manhattan.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the design & production teams to manage the pre-production sampling process, generate size specifications, and ensure the overall quality & accuracy of final products.
- Specific job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Requesting, measuring, and evaluating all fit, pre-production & TOP samples.
- Generating & maintaining all specs (knit, woven, and cut & sew) and communicating all fit changes to overseas manufactures.
- Organizing and leading all fittings, taking detailed notes, and editing/approving tech packs for production.
- Developing a standardized size grading system.
- Utilizing a cloud based inventory system to input and manage new collection styles.
- Communicating with the design team and factories to track all new styles, compile fabric and style care information for upcoming seasons.
- Managing quality control and carefully reviewing samples prior to shipping season.
- Assisting with pre-production product testing to ensure materials are safe and appropriate for the consumer.
- Creating care labels by evaluating fabric content & analyzing garment construction.
What we’re looking for:
- Passion and enthusiasm for Appaman and desire to contribute to and grow a small business!
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in children’s technical design, patternmaking, or related pre-production field.
- Capability in Adobe Illustrator and Excel is a must.
- Professional experience in creating tech packs, fitting children’s clothing, size grading, and a strong understanding of both knit and woven garment construction.
- Familiarity with children’s product testing would be ideal.
- Kindness, sense of humor, and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Extreme attention to detail & strong organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, function independently, and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
If you’re interested, email email@example.com with…
- Your resume
- A cover letter that gives us a legit sense of your personality.
Appaman is seeking a Customer Service Expert. We are a successful NY-based children’s apparel company with an intensely loyal following. Experience relevant to customer service is required, as is a fantastic attitude; online experience is a plus.
About the role:
As Customer Experience Expert you’ll be directly responsible for making customers feel great about buying Appaman. At your disposal will be everything you need – we believe going above and beyond creates positive lasting relationships; this is more than customer service. We rely on our Customer Experience Experts to reinforce our high standards personally, especially to customers who witness our mistakes. We believe each conversation with customers is a chance to connect with them, and for them to fall in love (again!) with Appaman.
- Enjoy creative problem solving and working across teams to answer a broad range of customer questions, issues and interests.
- Will be the customer’s most important resource, available via phone and email (and eventually live chat) to answer questions in a timely and thorough manner.
- Have a sense of humor. Customers have all kinds of questions, at all times of the day. Quick, fun answers are often appreciated, especially if they thoroughly resolve their issue or answer a question.
- Take complete ownership of problems, not simply wait for direction. Obsessively enjoy completing items on your to-do list.
- Want to take on a variety of tasks and be part of a growing company, where no task is too small; a great candidate will push our thinking on what exceptional customer experiences can be.
- Demonstrate your own personality as an extension of the brand’s. You’re a real human offering real help to real customers, not a robot. Have fun with it!
- Will apply what you learn from direct customer feedback to provide insight to internal marketing, product and technology teams, and to help create content to help customers shop Appaman more effectively.
Specific experience with kids’ apparel isn’t necessary, but genuine curiosity about kids apparel is definitely required, as are an amazing attitude and an undergraduate degree. Experience working with Shopify is a plus, as is customer service software such as Desk, Zendesk, and Apparel Magic.
Finally, you must be a true team player – we've built a family here, and we expect this role to be part of that family.
Questions you should be prepared to answer:
- How would you measure your own success in this role, both quantifiably and qualitatively?
- We sell kids clothes, and it’s not uncommon that customers get really descriptive with their fit questions or concerns. Can you imagine yourself dealing with these issues?
- Describe a situation in which you were impressed by the customer experience you had with an online or offline retailer.
Are you perfect for a job you don't see listed here? Are you an artist interested in collaborating with us? We're always interested in hearing from great people. Tell us about yourself: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Below: Party Hat Husum, Assistant Nap Manager, East Coast Division)